Job Opening :: Financial Accountant
The Financial Accountant completes the monthly financial statements and analysis of results and forecasting. Must have a strong ability to analyze and solve problems, work with minimal supervision, and have a good understanding of generally accepted accounting principles.
Prepares financial statements (income statements; balances sheets and statement of cash flows) on a monthly basis. Prepare various monthly tax returns and annual information returns. Responsible for reviewing, tracking and maintaining the fixed asset system of all properties for calculation of tax depreciation. Assist internal/external auditors with periodic reviews/audits.
- A fun attitude.
- Contagious smile.
- Desire to work with people.
- College Accounting degree required.
- Three years (five years preferred) of relevant work experience, preferably in the gaming industry.
- Must be organized, flexible and able to handle multiple priorities in pressure situations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of IBM AS/400 helpful.
- Must be able to operate ten key by touch.
- Problem solving abilities – able to recognize problems, investigate, evaluate and propose solutions to problems on a practice basis.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills. Interact positively with others, both in and out of their department
- Must have general ledger knowledge & Title 31 proficiency.
- Full knowledge and understanding of Accounting recommended.
Providing the best hotel service and amenities is an art that the Peppermill Reno has perfected over 50 years.
Peppermill employees are given the tools from the first day to make a difference and be a part of meaningful experiences with guests and fellow employees.
We offer a competitive benefits package which includes free employee covered parking, company provided uniforms and laundry, a free daily meal, comprehensive medical, dental, vision after 90 days of employment and much more.
Join our family at Peppermill and work with the most amazing individuals Northern Nevada has to offer.