Job Opening :: Chief Laundry Engineer
The Chief Laundry Engineer is responsible for maintaining and repairing laundry equipment while overseeing the laundry maintenance crew. Complete daily production workload in a timely manner, consistently providing quality standards in all areas of laundry operations.
- Maintain, service, and repair all models of commercial laundry equipment including but not limited to washers, driers, ironers, boilers, extractors, presses, stackers, and other machinery used.
- Troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, and pluming, issues and rebuild pumps, valves, regulators as needed while utilizing an excellent understanding of steam/thermal systems.
- Read and interpret technical operation and repair manuals.
- Establish an effective preventive maintenance schedule on all laundry equipment.
- Establish an organized laundry inventory system for purchasing of all parts & materials.
- Provide technical training to the laundry team. Maintain a constant awareness of safety problems and report unsafe conditions and exposures to laundry manager.
- Must understand and adhere to all safety procedures.
- Follow directions and interact with others in a positive manner.
- Minimum of 3 years hands on experience in a laundry maintenance or similar operation with leadership duties as well.
- Must be able to maintain high levels of confidence.
- Maintain a working knowledge of policies and procedures and their proper application.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time; able to bend, stretch reach and stoop on a continual basis
Providing the best hotel service and amenities is an art that the Peppermill Reno has perfected over 50 years.
Peppermill employees are given the tools from the first day to make a difference and be a part of meaningful experiences with guests and fellow employees.
We offer a competitive benefits package which includes free employee covered parking, company provided uniforms and laundry, a free daily meal, comprehensive medical, dental, vision after 90 days of employment and much more.
Join our family at Peppermill and work with the most amazing individuals Northern Nevada has to offer.